Serving Rutherford, NJ

Attorneys at Law


Mortgage paper Fighting couple Fighting couple

What is Contested and Uncontested Divorce?

A contested divorce is one in which the parties cannot agree, either about getting divorced or about the terms of the divorce, such as the division of assets, allocation of debts, alimony, child support, or the custody of children.

In an uncontested divorce, the spouses agree on everything and do not need the assistants of the court to determine the division of assets or make determinations about spousal or child support or custody.

New Jersey has established guidelines for child support based on the combined income of both parents.

Child Support

A Motion to Modify is the pleading filed with the court to make changes in the best interest of your child. Changes in the amount of child support which were not anticipated because of the needs of the child or changes in parent’s income can be the bases for modifications. Some changes are sought to make the parenting plan more workable or to address new concerns for the child’s welfare. Modification of the parenting plan will focus on circumstances of the child and/or child’s custodial parent that have changed since the last court decision.

Modifications after a Child Support Order is Entered

Let us help you make it easier for your children